title image | the website for Bath's Heritage Plaques | Dr. Caleb Hillier Parry

Dr. Caleb Hillier Parry

Who was he?

Dr Caleb Hillier Parry was physician at Bath General Hospital, later to be known as the Royal Mineral Water Hospital. He published several monographs on his research, notably in pathology and therapeutics. He was the father of Rear Admiral Sir William Edward Parry, the Arctic explorer

Why was he in Bath?

Parry came to Bath in 1770, a year after qualifying in Edinburgh. He lived first at 13, Catherine Place and later moved to 27, the Circus. He practiced in Bath when the city was a popular health resort.

Location of plaque at 27, the Circus (right hand arrow):

Location of plaque at 22, The Circus

Sir William Edward Parry plaque

The text reads

"Here lived Dr Caleb Hillier Parry b. 1755 d. 1822 and his son Admiral Sir W. E. Parry b.1790 d. 1855"

Location map of 27, The Circus:

Rear Admiral Sir William Edward Parry location map



| Contents | About  Home |

(c) 2011 | Contact us|